SAP BI/QlikView Admin & Support
You will be a team member you will be supporting the client’s day to day needs in these areas.
There is a current person who is doing this work acquired these skills as he went along.
We do not expect anyone to be able to do all of this work off the bat.
If there is a fit, we will share a chart of the exact activities and % of time spent on each. No one is expected to know all of this. You need to know some of it and be willing to learn.
This client is amazing and the environment is fabulous.
The role will most likely go 12 months or so. You will need to be a self started, resourceful and capable of doing work independently since the team does not have a group of contractors but an awesome full time staff. The need includes you being able to also make suggestions and provide input. Having a contractor gives the team perspective from someone who has supported multiple accounts.
The role is to provide BI infrastructure administration and support services across various BI platforms. The individual will be expected to make a key contribution to the provision of SAP Business Objects, QlikView, learn or know Tableau and Alteryx.
This individual will be required to assist application teams – providing BI infrastructure for their projects, along with providing consulting, expertise and support. This will typically include performance troubleshooting, promoting and defining best practices, change/incident management, vendor escalation and technical leadership within the BI Technology team.
Day to Day Responsibilities
•User setup, maintenance profiles. Folder/Category maintenance
•Software install, upgrades, patching.
•End user troubleshooting, Report developer support. • 3rd level and Vendor support.
• Simple/basic end user training.
• Automated/Scripted installations, reconfigurations
• License / Cost maintenance, review, updates.
• Internal Auditing support, maintenance
. LDAP/Active Directory, various browsers, IE Plug-in (ActiveX), addins, extensions. SSL/TLS.
• Bachelor's degree
• 4+ years of experience within Financial Service organizations advantageous
• 4+ years of experience providing technical leadership within the BI space
• 4+ years of experience with QlikView/Business Objects and if known Tableau/Alteryx and/or Administration in large organizations
• QlikView 11 and SAP Business Object 3 and 4 - Extensive experience with installation, configuration and system architecture, Server administration, Dashboard/Report/Universe/Script design, Migration of objects, creating connections and folders and users rights
• Candidate must be able to diagnose problems quickly and independently
• Ability to diagnose and resolve issues/problems in aggressive timeframes
• Ability to approach issues “laterally”
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• A Strong work ethic with ability to handle high pressure situations with minimum direction
• A Team player, with proven ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load effectively
4+ years of experience in development and administration of at least one of the “required” BI tools;
At least minimum 3 technology areas listed below for sure the top 2!
1. Business Objects Admin - Enterprise Reporting 30% of the work
2. QlikView Admin - Dashboards/Visualizations, directed analytics: 20% of the work
3. NPrinting Admin - automated, rich, scheduled reporting based on QlikView
4. Tableau Admin - Dashboards/Visualizations 15% of the work
5. Alteryx Admin - ETL / work automation
6. Tidal Enterprise Workload Admin - Enterprise Scheduling and Automation
7. DataRobot admin
8. Backup Cloudera Hadoop Admin
9. Data warehouse / backend BI operations