Manage IT database resources, including technology and integrated applications, to deliver high availability of Information Technology database systems. Ensure business continuity by validating/testing disaster recovery and contingency plans of all IT database related systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Min. Required Qualifications:
- Proactively manage IT database systems to deliver high availability
- Secure the IT database environment according to the IT department’s security policies and guidelines.
- Ensure the database environment meets the disaster recovery and business continuity requirements of the firm.
- Partner with and leverage business and IT resources to implement and maintain systems that support the firm's business strategies and goals.
- Deliver assigned projects and tasks on time and within compliance of the firm’s policies and guidelines.
- Develop processes to facilitate the flow of work and information through the IT database environment as well as to and from internal business customers.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Performance tuning and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Control Access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Maintain high availability SQL Clusters and nodes.
- Install and configure new SQL instances.
- Requires at least 8 years of Hands-On Experience in managing database technology systems and applications
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012-2016 environments
- Extensive support experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to 2016 and back office applications. Including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Clustering technology, Reporting Service, Integration Services, and T-SQL
- Strong T-SQL skills and experience writing and troubleshooting stored procedures.
- Expert experience creating SSIS packages.
- Understanding and experience with database design and practices
- Analyze and Design Database using Data Modeling Software.
- Expert in using SQL Profiler.
- Proven experience in supporting a mission critical database technology environment
- Strong communication skills
- Addl. Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience with Database Architecture & Design methodologies
- Database Analysis and Design using Data Modeling Software
- 8+ years professional exempt experience as a DBA with Bachelor’s Degree.