South Jordan Utah
Base Salary: $USD 95-135k
The Sr. Systems Engineer position will be crucial to the organization as we mature our DevOps culture. Our Development teams have scaled out to support our company’s rapid growth and this role will be in direct support of those teams and their initiatives.
You will work with the developers to improve the scalability, reliability, and performance of their applications. This position requires someone who can work without a lot of direction, proactively identify opportunities for improvement and be adaptable to an environment undergoing a lot of change. We need someone who is comfortable writing automation that will empower and accelerate the development teams. Most importantly, we need someone who is excited to help us embrace the DevOps culture and willing to jump into new roles and responsibilities as our organization evolves.
- Build and maintain automation to support the software deployment pipeline.
- Ensure proper monitoring, alerting, capacity planning and reporting for the applications.
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of a reliable and scalable platform.
- Perform root-cause complex problems and involve multiple stakeholders, network, hardware and software that relate to scaling and performance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed.
- Act as technical lead to ensure best practices are followed related to infrastructure design, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- 5+ years senior level experience supporting web applications in a production environment, preferably supporting modern application servers such as IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.
- Experience with database architecture, setup and administration with the ability to complete task such as setting up Redis cluster or creating a backup strategy for a MySQL data.
- An understanding of HA, clustering technologies, data replication, backup, restore and database best practices.
- Be comfortable with advanced Windows and Linux operating system administration. Provisioning servers, OS monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash/Powershell/Python) – Automation will be a big part of this job so you need to be comfortable writing code.
- Experience with design and configuration of application monitoring and alerting systems.
- Understanding of the underlying infrastructure that supports applications with an understanding of web servers, SSL certificates, DNS, Load Balancers, etc. and how each of these components work together to create an application platform.
- PREFERRED (If you have experience we are thrilled!):
- Cloud - AWS preferred but cloud experience would be useful.
- MySQL or MS SQL database platforms
- NoSQL platforms like Mongo, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB
- Application monitoring platforms (NewRelic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, etc.)
- Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible, etc.)
- Infrastructure-As-Code (Terraform, Fugue, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Agile Experience (Scrum, KanBan, etc.)
Base Salary: $USD 125K
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Amazing culture that promotes creativity, integrity, and respect
- Amazing location, a lot of growth around it, beautiful area.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Software Engineer to be responsible for the development of application software for our products as part of the core development team. The Software Engineer will follow a software development lifecycle to develop, deploy, and maintain software to support product development and R&D needs.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts to ensure project requirements are complete and understood.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
What You Need for this Position
- Windows Application development experience
- Strong socket programming experience
- Multi-threaded development experience
- Web Services technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visual Studio & experienced in using GIT
- Knowledge of software development life cycles
- Building quality and maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously
- C#.NET, ASP.NET, Angular 2, Object Oriented Architecture, web services (SOAP, REST, WCF), APIs, XML, SQL Server, Angular, LINQ, Entity framework 5.62, JSON, Modernizr
- Experience in Health Industry software development
- Experience working in HIPPA regulated environment
Base Salary: $USD 135-175
What you bring:
Technical, people leadership coupled with deep knowledge in DevOps & Cloud Architecture is a must for this position. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience with scalable, high-quality Performance as a Service and ability to manage the latest elastic data infrastructure. Further, the candidate will be passionate about managing high performance teams and practice servant leadership.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Lead, manage, mentor and provide the technical vision for the Platform Services team
Develop goals, strategies, and initiatives across the team in alignment with strategic objectives
Help build reliable, repeatable processes
Coordinate operational activities amongst multiple groups of stakeholders, both technical & non-technical
Plan and execute projects in support of corporate and team goals, ensuring delivery with high quality, on time, and within budget
Manage stakeholder communications and escalations during production incidents
Coordinate the problem management process in order to get to the root cause of issues
Hire, develop, and retain a high performing team
Evaluate and stay current on technology and industry trends
Develop and apply best practices of CI/CD- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (puppet/chef/ansible)
Develop and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
Provide Executive Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
Partner with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision.
Work with multiple in-house external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams enterprise-wide to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity
5 years of senior level server management experience in a large-scale production environment.
Strong understanding of development workflow and process.
Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies, workflow, and process.
Deep understanding of centralized (n-tier) and decentralized (client/server) environment models.
Deep understanding of database management, database server clustering and database instance management.
Extensive experience using virtualization technologies to enhance velocity of pre-production lifecycle environment.
Experience in: Configuration management tools, monitoring, deployment automation, and orchestration tools (Puppet,Ansible,Zabbix,NewRelic,OpsGenie,Splunk, etc.)
Expertise in building scalable, high performance teams that support entire pre-production lifecycle.
Strong presentation and leadership skills
Strong technical leadership skills
Proven people manager able to achieve strategic initiatives on time and under budget for large enterprise organizations