As a member of the Enterprise SDLC Delivery Team, the Platform Engineer is expected to work with internal customer to help architect a PAAS/IAAS solution to meet the to serve as a technical SME responsible for the IT Operations Platform as a Service offering. Must be able to break down complex problems in a fast paced dynamic environment and make quick data-driven decisions that best serve customers and have extensive experience with Docker or Kubernetes
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Design, build and execute Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for our customers to resolve technical deployment obstacles.
- Work closely with the platform and support teams on understand ways to improve the IAAS/PAAS offering and drive production excellence. Automate infrastructure and platform service offerings
- Apply best practices of CI/CD- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (puppet/chef)
- Create the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Serve as a top-tier technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drives escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams.
- Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments.
- Adopt, Cloud Engineer, Embedded Services customize and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
- Provide Sr. Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
- Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision.
- Develop and define process and procedure to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments.
- Work with multiple in-house external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams enterprise-wide to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required. Will need to be on-call at any time to handle escalations and incidents
- High Energy with the drive to ‘Get Stuff Done’
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required with at least 5 years of senior level server administration experience in large scale production environments
- Experience working with the following Technologies: JIRA, BitBucket, Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Bitbucket, Hipchat, Confluence) Docker DDE, Kubernetes , Artifactory, Jenkins. ELK, Elastic,Puppet
- Proven track record implementing a metrics driven methodology and delivering high-level solutions in an agile environment
- Strong understanding of Development and QA workflow and process
- Deep understanding of n-tier and client/server environment models. Experience working with Database management, DB server clustering and database instance management
- Proven ability to conceptualize and implement new infrastructure architecture based off business requirements. Experience with deployment configuration and automation
- Proficient in scripting languages; and deployment configuration/automation
- Strong people skills (stakeholder management skills to build and foster internal relationships)
- Demonstrated leadership through influence. Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Highly analytical, technically proficient and able to learn new tools quickly
- Effective Communicator reporting accurate information that is clear, concise and visual. Must have superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- In depth understanding of IT operations (server, databases, storage, network, security, COTS applications, storage)
- Anticipates potential threats (risks) to projects prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation
- Proven track record of delivering multiple parallel initiatives
- Strong project skills to build/edit project schedules, managing dependencies, schedule shifting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to analyze detail data, what if analysis, etc.
- Experience using collaborative tools
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation. About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep us on the leading edge of medical technology. Our Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. Our IT Dept utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.